Inspiration

Am inspired :)
Have always loved gardening, was blessed with a beautiful garden all my childhood at my parents place. I can recognize most fruit trees by looking at their leaves, both my parents love gardening, my mum into flowers and my dad into foliage. We had custard apple, coconut trees, banana plantain, chikoo, jamun tree also betel nut. The rose plants had become taller than me with huge flowers and there were leaves of every color and pattern, thanx to my father. We would buy plants, pots, gardening tools, seeds, manure and lots more from every exhibition and nursery we went to :) My mum even had a bringal corner with lots of shapes and colors of brinjal. All this in a metropolitan city like Mumbai in a quiet suburban colony in Andheri (west) Looking at all the recent concretization I feel truely blessed to have had such a wonderful "earthy" life at my parents home. The smell of wet soil during monsoons is something which I long for now!
Now I have a window sill full of plants and am all excited this monsoon to start my vegetable garden.
I have a chilly plant outside my kitchen window and also took part in the Kissanpur contest.
Will keep posting my gardening journey in this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts