Floral burst in my tomato plant






I got this tomato plant from Lonavala, it was a nice shrub when I got it and had a few fruits too.
I got it to Mumbai and was worried whether it would continue to flower and fruit.
The fruits slowwwwwly ripened, after 1 fruit was attacked by some tiny caterpillar, I planted a small sapling of chilly(read somewhere they help get rid of insects attacking tomatoes), potted 2 garlic for added precaution! The remaining tomatoes were saved. The plant looked okay but din't look very healthy.
We shifted the plant to another window which gets plenty of sunlight (thanks to the suggestion by my help, she is very good with plants and has given me some useful suggestions in the past too)
The minute we carried the pot I knew we had done good for the plant, the way the leaves were swaying to the breeze was a pleasure to watch. I could just stand there mesmerized, wish it was a patio and I cud grab a chair & enjoy some beverage and watch the plant dance!
The above pictures are within 10 days of shifting the pot to this new location.
There is a burst of flowers in this plant and suddenly the leaves look so healthy and the entire plant is laden with flowers. Am sure there is more to come and for us to enjoy, a display of reds and greens.

Comments

Popular Posts